Thursday, May 19, 2011

Roadsworth



Roadsworth began painting the streets of Montreal in the fall of 2001. Initially motivated by a desire for more bike paths in the city and a questioning of "car culture" in general, he continued to develop a language around street markings and other elements of the urban landscape using a primarily stencil based technique. In the fall of 2004, Roadsworth was arrested for his nocturnal activities and charged with 53 counts of mischief. Despite the threat of heavy fines and a criminal record he received a relatively lenient sentence which he attributes in part to the public support he received subsequent to his arrest. Since that time, Roadsworth has received various commissions for his work and continues to be active in both visual art and music












22 comments:

wellpickedbooger said...

Wow, the fish one made me blink & look twice! I love how they're functional, & created with just white & yellow paints. Hawaii needs this guy to beautify our roads, they're hideous, besides being full of potholes & lacking sidewalks!

GhostDude said...

These are awesome.
I would enjoy walking around just to see those.

Simon black said...

Wow, that's really cool. I would enjoy having him in my town.

Anonymous said...

omg i need this in my hometown were can i order that guy ? haha.

emosniper6108 said...

I love your blog, with the nice artwork.

Reality Check said...

A piece of art!

Unknown said...

wow! love the first one! it's amazing what creative people can do with so little!

Alexis said...

This stuff is amazing. I love that bat one, that's just incredible!

Esmeraldo Petrarca said...

this is kinda great, I should learn more about that stuffs

nufcmiles said...

I really liked the fish one, caught my eye straight away.

Anonymous said...

That's pretty awesome.

CollinBeloin said...

That is pretty sweet, wish that was around me haha id love to walk across it

randomer said...

This is some cool stuff, it's amazing what he can do with just a single color.

Carm said...

Whoa, I didn't even see that fish at first. I wonder how many people cross that crosswalk and don't even notice.

Westwood Zombie said...

impressive shiznit going on here!! thx for posting these great finds.

Malkavian said...

hahaha great i always like Urban art

Anonymous said...

The new Banksy?

Anonymous said...

that fish walk is pretty cool

Cartoon Universe said...

Those are really cool, but could be distracting to drivers.

Anonymous said...

guerilla art like this always makes me smile

Ivan said...

I'm not quite sure how he managed the drain one. I rarely see 2 yellow lines warp like that.

Pinecone Stew said...

INCREDIBLE !

Have a super week.